About 7200 nerve endings in our feet are interconnected through the brain and spinal cord to every part, gland and muscle of the body. Therefore, we can say that the feet are a mirror image of the body, each organ being represented in a reflex point on the foot. Some are found on both feet, such as the lungs, others are only on one foot, such as the spleen on the left foot.
The idea is to stimulate the senses or nerves system to bring a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health. This ancient therapy is known to promote the body's own healing powers.
Some benefits of reflexology
- releases stress and tension
- improves blood circulation and activates lymph drainage
- assists in elimination of toxins
- strengthens the immune system and harmonises vital functions
- enables a deep state of relaxation and well being